Please feel free to email or call (585) 427-0380 for additional information or to schedule an event for your facility.
The PRESSURE of Positioning CEU Program
This one hour CEU course will engage clinicians involved in the care of long term wheelchair users and focus on the benefits of both proper seating and surface selection in order to reduce incidents of tissue deformation and resulting pressure injuries. Emphasis will be placed on clinical research showing the benefits of tilt, recline, and dynamic movement as well as comparing the four principles of Dry Floatation Technology on a variety of support surfaces.
- Identify 3 risk factors when using the Braden scale to determine postural interventions.
- Articulate three benefits of using the combination of tilt and recline to reduce tissue deformation and enhance perfusion.
- Define the difference between pressure redistribution and pressure reduction
- Display an understanding of the benefits of the four principles of Dry Floatation Technology.
- List two benefits of dynamic movement while utilizing a seated support surface.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Occupational Therapy Assistants.
Monroe Learning Network is recognized by the New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, as an approved provider/sponsor of physical therapy, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapy, and occupational therapy assistant continuing education/competency.